On January 1, 2003, our twins Connor and Taylor were born. Kevin and I had no clue how to do anything with a baby...so you can imagine how scared we might have been with TWO! It was bittersweet. We had to stay in the hospital for 5 days with them BUT during that time, we learned everything we could as first time parents. We learned to swaddle, change diapers, breast feed, use that god-forsaken aspirator and many other things that we had no clue about.

I distinctly remember as we walked through our front door with them, we looked at each other and said, "what now? what have we done?" We were freaked out and scared out of our minds.  All that seems like it happened just yesterday. I hate cliches but truly...time does fly. The most important thing that we've learned as parents is to savor every moment (and take lots of pictures.) ; )  What a joy those children are to our family. They complete us. Here's to Connor and Taylor and the next stage of life we're briskly entering in to.

Here are a few of my favorite images of them from this year.

Comments
Sommer Hill says:

Tina these pictures are priceless! God has blessed you not only with an amazing talent but a beautiful family!

(01.03.10 @ 11:51 AM)
donna cleek says:

tina your family is beautiful and your photos are amazing..you truely have a god given talent girl..god bless you and a happy new year to you and yours

(01.03.10 @ 01:32 PM)
donna cleek says:

(01.03.10 @ 01:32 PM)
Amber Fox says:

Your family is beautiful and your kids are blessed to have such talented parents to document their childhood.

(01.05.10 @ 03:12 PM)
Susan Hydzik says:

These are beautiful photographs! I absolutely love the ones of the girl by the water! Stunning!!

(01.09.10 @ 02:11 PM)
Simona Buna says:

I love how the girl play with the sand !

(01.14.10 @ 11:26 AM)
Rachel says:

They are so beautiful! I know we tell you that all the time but they truly are! Loving Tay's skirt! GORGEOUS! Lovin the beach shots! Can't wait to take pics of my little man's cute booty in the sand in May :)

(01.20.10 @ 04:26 PM)
carrie says:

Tina!!!! Once again I will tell you....your kiddos are so stinking cute. Your picture's as always are beautiful! I love Tay's outfit. Just darling. xoxo

(01.22.10 @ 05:19 PM)
Rosanna says:

Gosh absolutely amazing work.. you steal my breath away with so many of your sessions! I had to see the rest of your work after seeing an album of your work at WPPI.. the family on the bed on the lake.. just absolutely creative while just being visually stunning. Hands down my new favorite blog! Love it!

(03.18.10 @ 11:25 PM)